Monthly Archives: September 2016
So this month I got my second blogging award (yipee…). So happy. 🙂
I don’t think I will ever be able to handle the awards calmly. My only reaction is and can be hysterical happiness and excitement. (I guess I am too childish 🙂 )
I came to know yesterday that fauxcroft has nominated me for Black Cat Blue Sea award. I am so so thankful for that. I am happy that my blog crossed you mind while listing the nomination
What is the Black Cat Sea Award?
“This is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody and no matter how many viewers they get make an impact on the reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes” – Ella
- Anyone nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominees answers 3 questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any 3 questions
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award
- What are your all time 5 favourite quotes.
- If you had a different name, would you be a different person
- What is your favourite music/song? please give me a link to listen to your faves!
Answer Time 🙂
- Five Favorite Quotes:
“More tears have been shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.” -Truman Capote
“What a treacherous thing it is to believe that a person is more than a person” – John Green (Paper Town)
“Moment after moment, I will seize my wrist and beg the violence of my pulse to cease”- mentalexotica.wordpress.com
“Man is like a goat tied to a pole. Meaning all of us have some free will but not too much. One shouldn’t judge oneself harshly”-Arvind Adiga (Last Man in Tower)
“Here in the dark I sit, I who so loved the sun”-Robert Service William (The Sightless Man)
2. If I had a different name , maybe I would have been different person. Not so sure. My name is Nayana . Alternate spelling in India for same name is ‘Naina’. And there have been some characters in certain Bollywood movies with that name. And most of them coincidentally have similar personality..studious, serious, cheerful at heart, most have specs (And obviously in all these stories, there comes along a hero, that makes her realize how fun can life be..and suddenly there is a total personality change..).
So, I am somewhat like that (minus the good looks, god was not so generous on me 🙂 ). And above that there have been very beautiful songs on my name…So I just love my name 🙂
3. Favorite songs (and their links)
Since my favorite song list is too long, I am trying to name here only the ones that are coming to my mind right now.
Tum Ho (from Rockstar) (Hindi)
Malare (Premam) (Malayalam)
Innum Konjam Neram (Maryan)(Tamil)
Lost Stars- Adam Levine (Begin Again)
Once again, fauxcroft thank you so much for nominating me for this award.
Edited info on 25 Nov, 2016:
How Useful It Is nominated me for this award on Nov 8, 2016. Thanls a lot for nominating me for this award. Very glad that my blog crossed your mind.
Since I have got this award already. I will be answering her questions here.
1) Do you blog because you love to write or because you love to read?
I love to read more than writing. So, reading blogs of all you wonderful people is the actually more interesting that writing itself.
2) Do you want to meet any of your blog friends in real life? or keep it virtual?
I am not so sure of that. I am not good with people. But, yes, I think it would be nice to meet some of you.
3) How many social medias do you join to support your blog?
None. I have not yet joined any social media to support my blog. One of primary reasons would be that I prefer that people who know me in actual life don’t see my blog (exceptions are there), so I try not to promote my blog. But I do give a link of it on some sites, just because I am too proud of having this blog. 🙂
Thank you once again for nominating me.
The breaths not taken are accumulating.
It mixes with the tears not shed.
Creates a poison that lingers in my thought
but doesn’t flow into my blood.
To keep me barely alive to suffer.
Suffer from a poison of my own making.
Slowly I forget
one small detail at a time.
I realize it only when I see this gap in memory
that my frail imagination fails to fill.
Words are slipping out of my hands.
My thoughts are no longer mine.
All the parks have become graveyards.
Where tomorrow died a slow, slow death.
And it slips into an even slower decay.
I see these places that will remain
as strange as they are to me today.
I see these little people scattered on the streets.
I see them locked away in a world not their own.
This lonely expanse on this never ending piece of earth.
And I see these toy like cars and trucks.
Somehow they don’t belong together.
I try to guess (,to think)
what it feels like to live in such small world
and not on this huge earth.
I guess they don’t know what I see from here.
That life had a dead end.
And at that end
we can choose to be in tinier coffins
we can be a part of never ending sky
and this ever nourishing earth.
I have stacks and heaps of poems I have misread.
Where I filled the blanks
which were not meant to be filled.
Where I was supposed to stand stupefied by absurdity of life
I tried to find some order , some reason.
Where I was supposed to sit and listen to worries
I gave advice.Or worse, interfered in lives not mine.
It was always about what I could give to life,
than what life has given to me.
So I have suffered long
trying to fill silences in heart
and words in blank pages.
And never to have made a difference.
Never to have known the beauty
of being incomplete and unfinished.
Boarding that midnight bus
seemed a lot like running.
Just faster and easier.
Less painful for legs and lungs.
Less real than wind on my face
and ground beneath my feet.
It’s just sitting here in comfort
and counting seconds, minutes, days and breaths left.
It’s just looking out,
and knowing a secret.
A secret only my eyes
and occasionally my ears know.
That we are so moving so much faster
without moving an inch.
Like we have changed so much,
without realizing it.